Tuesday, September 13, 2011

What It's Worth


                What do you want me to tell you?  I’m just like you.  I feel insecure.  I’m lost in a world that doesn’t want me.  My heart has been broken too many times.  And, my life is not what I always dreamed it would me.  As a matter of fact, my life is far from what I ever believed it would be.
                So, here I am.  I’m writing to you just to let you know that life is what it is.  There are no mysteries or struggles, or even real pain.  We create that.  We need to find a way to show that our lives have some meaning.  That we aren’t just insignificant.  For some reason suffering equates meaning.  If we suffer, then we matter.  That’s why minorities feel oppressed.  That’s why Whites feel burdened.
                Who cares who’s better than who?  Who cares who’s ahead of who?  If God truly exist do you really think any of this will matter?  LOL.  God I’m sure looks at this world in a much different way than we see it.  I’m not God…and you know what, neither are you.  None of us really know what he’s thinking about us right now.  Now, I have to believe that whatever he’s thinking, he loves us.  That’s just God for you.
                Hey, but let me ask you this.  If you do know God, don’t you know he favors the meek???  He seems to not favor the wise and prudent man…nor the rich and powerful.  So…well…so…so…what do you want???  I mean you know how much he loves the prodigal son…and the 1 sheep over the 99.  And I’m sure you also know that it is much more difficult for the rich to enter into the kingdom of God than it is for the poor. 
                Man, if any of this is strange to you then perhaps you need…umm…I don’t know…umm, some…well, some humility.  Why would you try and please man when you are going to die???  This world isn’t forever.
                Okay, I know it sounds like I’m preaching, but I’m not.  I’m just talking.  As a matter of fact, I’m talking just to instigate.  And, I know that what I have to say hurts a little.  Because I know that you have tried to achieve so much, but have failed to realized that God doesn’t care how successful you are, only that you honor him.  He asks for your obedience, not your sacrifice.  That’s why Saul was not David.
                Now, I’m not saying you can’t be rich or be successful, I’m just saying, what does it really matter?  “What does it profit a man to gain the world but lose his soul?”
                Last but not least of all my venting.  What’s it worth to have a happy family?  What’s it worth to have children that respect you?  What’s it worth to be honorable?  What’s it worth?  What’s it worth???

No comments:

Post a Comment