Tuesday, April 17, 2012

My Dream

Though my breath is cold and faint
I have a breath.
My dream is still alive.
And right now my heart beats weak
But it still beats.
My dream is still alive.

Though it feels like I’m drowning in a sea of my own tears
I have hope that the last one is soon to come.
My dream is still alive.
And even though it feels like the joke is on me
I can laugh
Because my dream is still alive.

Though I’m not on my feet
I’m not on my back.
My dream is still alive.
And even though it feels like
I am losing blood from my wounded heart
I know that all I need is just one ounce
To keep my dream alive.

I’ve lost a lot of battles
But the war is far from being done.
For wars are won not at the beginning or middle,
But in the end when one stops fighting.
People can and will call me a lot of bad names,
But, quitter, will never be one.
My dream is still alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment