Thursday, May 24, 2012

Devotion


Let me see…with eyes set on a prize…I see you.
My stare is shouting out at you to look my way…
Telling you everything my lips can’t say.
You see you paralyze me with that stunner smile…
Like a thousand watts of juice.
I can’t move, I can’t speak, and my courage fails me.
But my eyes should tell you everything I cannot say…
Too bad you never look my way…
Too bad I’m just not brave…
Too bad I simply wait for a lucky day.
I don’t know what you’re up to…
Flashing your style and beauty all around me and everyone else.
You make me feel weak…
wondering if I got the strength to keep you for my self.
You see, I ain’t got much…
well, I ain’t got what you got…and I sure as hell ain’t got the wealth.
See a girl like you must want more than a guy like me has to offer,
Why else would I feel like such coward?
I know money can’t buy love…but what I wanna know is do you know that?
Because if you do then maybe I got something you really need…
I’ll give you that one thing that’s every woman’s dream.
A promise to always be there when you need me.
With gentle words.
With compliments.
With compassion.
With deep love and adoration.
I would rip the heart out my chest and give you my last breath to keep you in this world.
I will be there by your side until the day you die…if your day comes before mine.
I wish I had the courage to tell you this…
But then again, would you have the courage to believe this?

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Powerful poem that's full of heart. The lady in the poem should consider herself lucky to have such devotion expressed to her. Hope she has the courage to listen and believe. Thanks for sharing this, Isaac!

    ReplyDelete